Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Story time.

I have always wanted to do something for the homeless people. I mean I have donated to homeless shelters before, but I want to do something for the homeless people living on the streets. Sitting at corners asking for money. Walking around with nothing except their worn clothes. I am always seeing stories about people doing things for the homeless online (mostly pinterest... :) and I always tell myself that I need to be doing something. So yesterday, I did something! :)

We drove out of the grocery store parking lot and there was a man standing there with a sign saying he was very hungry and that anything helps. We drove past. We then went to McDonald's to get ice cream for everyone. (my dad took all of us kids out of the house for my mom) When we were getting close to being done I asked my dad if he thought that guy was still standing there. He said yes he probably still is. So then I asked him if I could buy him some food from McDonald's. He said yes. :) I felt really happy as I went up to the counter to buy him a burger. After I bought him food, we drove back to the store. I rolled down my window and handed him the food... :) He didn't say much but thank you and "God bless" :) Which is perfectly fine. I knew we helped him when he needed it and that was all that matters. As we drove away, just ask my dad, I had the biggest smile on my face and I felt like the happiest person in the world! :)

2 comments:

  1. It didn't take much, in this case just some food. But I can tell you there were more than just two people blessed yesterday, this is one proud daddy. This is one young lady making a difference in this world, what is keeping the rest of us from joining in?

    ReplyDelete